Saturday, January 13, 2007

This evening, I've cracked open my first bottle of truffle oil- my lovely boyfriend gave me a bottle for Christmas. The recipe I decided to couple this first experience with didn't involve a lot of thought, or research- it wasn't a recipe I've had flagged for years for this very occasion. It was a quick search on Food Network's website- that I found yet another 5 star Emeril Lagasse recipe~ Wild Mushroom Confit and Barley Salad

My sister-in-law once told me that she got most of her new recipes from the Internet and seemed somewhat horrified, and I'm sure thought less of me, when I told her I went to the library and borrow out cookbooks. Why would I do that? Why, with the Internet? And, I can sort of see what she means... now, I guess.

Tonight's Dinner:
Wild Mushroom Confit and Barley Salad
Steamed Broccoli
Crusty Bread

Endnote:
This recipe is pretty good- there's three components to it: barley, wild or mixed mushroom confit and other vegetables (diced carrots, radishes, green onions and parley). The recipe definately needs all of the pound and a half of mushrooms that it calls for, but I'd cut half of them in half and leave the other half whole. Also, I think the other vegetable component could be doubled, this would enhance the colour and flavour of the salad.

No comments: