Monday, February 05, 2007

The Corn and Swiss Chard Pudding turned out very very well. Quite tasty. The cornmeal added a bit of texture to the pudding- the dish made for a nice, warm, homey, vegetarian meal which could be served as a side to just about anything, fish, chicken, vegetables of some kind... I served it with wild rice and roasted squash.
And, there was plenty left over for lunch and again for dinner tonight. To go along with the pudding, I'm roasting tomatoes, with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and minced garlic and I made Buttermilk Rolls.
Fast Buttermilk Yeast Rolls (The New Vegetarian Epicure)- god knows how they are going to turn out though as I forgot one of the ingredients, water. They don't seem to be rising at all. Still the same rounded clumps of dough they were just over an hour ago.
I've been wanting to make this hummus recipe on Smitten Kitchen's site, but in face of the potential failure of the dinner rolls all I could do was buy some already made hummus to satisfy my craving. This week I'll make it, I promise.

No comments: