Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pasta Salads

I've made a few really excellent salads lately that deserve mention. In my mind, I'd like to try to compile a one-page resource of great salads. Not day, but soon, and these recipes would definitely be included.

Whole foods Market recipe for Roasted Corn and Tomato Pasta Salad
is good. It makes a big bowl full that could feed lots of people, good for bbqs, potlucks, or to feed two people with lots of leftovers for lunch.

Food Network Canada. I've always liked Michael Smith. I like his style and he's just plain down home good. His recipe for Potato Salad with Smoked Salmon and Dill is definitely one for the recipe box. I didn't add the dill, and roasted the potatoes instead of steaming and it was good. It's tasty, and has substance. And again, great for lunch the next day...
From World Vegetarian Classics (Celia Brooks Brown) Pesto Orzo with Balsamic Tomatoes, Pine Nuts and Feta. I HIGHLY recommend this cookbook, I mean I really can't recommend this book enough. A collection of excellent recipes from all over the world. This recipe is from California, with inspiration from Italy and Greece.

No comments: