Saturday, July 14, 2007

too many magazines

I really don't like clutter, and yet I'm constantly buying up old food magazines on the weekend. They're all neatly piled on shelves, but yet so many of them have been sitting around for years without having anything cooked out of them. Here's a recipe I can't remember if I've tried- or if I have what I thought of it. It sounds healthy, and I always like trying different grain salads.


Lemon Chickpea Salad with Feta

Ingredients
1/2 cup boiling water
1/3 cup uncooked bulgar
1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons chopped peeled cucumber
2 tablespoons chopped celery
2 tablespoons diced red onion
1.5 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1.5 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Combine 1/2 cup boiling water, bulgar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl. Let mixture stand for 15 minutes (I would cover though recipe doesn't say).

Add chickpeas, cucumber, celery, red onion, feta and dill tossing gently.

Combine 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice, salt, pepper in a small bowl stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over bulgar mixture. cover, chill and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.